Photo courtesy of Wikipedia
We made this last night at my sons request. The kids helped peel apples and pinch crust then enjoyed this pie with a little naturally sweetened whip cream.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can unsweetened apple juice concentrate thawed
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1- 9 inch double crust pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, cinnamon and 1/4 of the apple juice.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer the apples in the remaining apple juice until just tender. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Pour into bottom crust and cover with top crust. Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned